Today, I thought I’d write about some items on my beauty wish list! I decided to include 4 drugstore beauty products, and four higher end products. That way I can showcase my dual love for cheap items, as well as luxury! From blush to concealer to nail polish to lipstick, I think this is a pretty well-rounded wishlist!
1. NYX Rouge Cream Blush –NYX is a cult drugstore classic, and I have to say, that the eye pencil that I tried by them has a fantastic formula! So, with that in mind, I’m ready to try out more products by NYX. This crème blush by NYX looks super awesome. I’m a big fan of crème cosmetics, as they tend to blend better and look more natural. Too bad my local Kroger and HEB don’t stock this product. I just might brave buying it online one of these days. I’d like to try Boho Chic, Tickled, or Glow.
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Crème in Cherries in the Snow –This lipstick is a classic color and formula that has been around since the 1940s. Bombshells and celebrities have worn this shade throughout the ages. It’s a blue-red, and is just gorgeous. I really want to get my hands on this lipstick, as well as the Revlon classic Fire and Ice, which debuted in the 1950s. Fashion Thrill has an interesting blog post on these two lipsticks, in case you are interested: Revlon’s Fire & Ice and Cherries in the Snow: A History.
3. Clinique All About Eyes Concealer –I really love my foundation by Clinique, which I blogged about here: Clinique Super Balanced Foundation. I’ve been really struggling to find a good concealer, and I’m thinking I’ll go to a brand that I trust. Plus, it’s really handing to have the salesperson behind the counter help me pick out the perfect shade. One of things that I like about Clinique, is that it’s relatively cheap compared to other department beauty brands. If I try and buy, I’ll let you know. :)
4. Revlon Parfumerie Nail Lacquer in Surf Spray –I’m in the process of trying to find a fun blue nail polish for my sister-in-law’s wedding. I pass by these scented nail polishes by Revlon every time I’m at the supermarket, and they really call to me. Partly because I wore a scented Revlon nail polish to my own wedding. :) This one by surf spray is a pretty blue, and I just might pick it up. My main hold-up is determining whether or not it will explode on the airplane… :)
5. Tom Ford Lipstick in Flamingo –At $50 bucks a tube, I know I won’t be purchasing this lipstick anytime soon. But a girl can dream, right? Tom Ford lipsticks are supposedly very hydrating, pack a punch of color, and have long lasting wear. They’d better at that price range! Initially I was drawn in by the shade Aphrodisiac –it’s the perfect full rounded rose color lipstick. It’s not too dull, and it’s not too bright. But, it looks like that shade is no longer available! Sad day! Flamingo is pretty close, though. It leans a little closer to a coral rose than a rose rose, but I still like it. Will I ever own this lipstick? Maybe, maybe not. But if I ever do, you can bet that I’ll blog about it!
6. Victoria Secret Bombshell Perfume –I tried this perfume on Monday, when I went to the Woodlands Mall. I even briefly mentioned in in my Forever 21 blog post. It’s a fun, floral and fruity perfume, and I like that it’s not too heavy. And well, the name bombshell really gets to me. I just love that old school vintage archetype. It’s most prominent notes are passionfruit, oriental peony and vanilla orchid. While it’s not hundreds of dollars per ounce, this perfume is still a bit on the spendy side. The body mist is cheaper… but the bottle is so cute… Sigh. I’ll probably won’t be buying it for a while. I need to finish up all of my Cashmere Glow perfume from Bath and Body Works anyway.
7. Butter London Melt Away Cuticle Eliminator –One of the things that really annoys me about my hands, is that my cuticles grow really high. Pushing them back doesn’t seem to help, and I’m scared to try and clip them. But here’s a product that can magically wipe them away. I read a blog post about this product, and was amazed by the pictures. Sadly, I can’t remember which blog posted about Melt Away, so I can’t credit them. Anyway, I’m so getting this product as soon as I can! Granted, it’s not a drugstore product, so again, it may be a while…
8. NYX Macaroon Lippies –With a fun name like Macaroon Lippies, how could I not want to try one of these lipsticks? These are fun neon and pastel colors not typically available in normal lipstick collections. Personally I’d love to try the rose, royal purple and orange. The mint green and electric blue, while super cool looking, will probably not ever end up in my makeup bag. That said, these colors are just so fun! :)