It’s Sunday again, so here’s my next installment of my gratitude list! I’ve really enjoyed working on this blog series –I feel that it helps remind me of everything I have, and centers me. It’s so easy to get lost in all of the new things that are coming out, and all of the things I want out of life. This gratitude series has helped to me to calm down once every week, and remember all of the wonderful things that are already in my life. I hope that this series has been able to help you as well.
1. Relief Society –I am so grateful to be part of an organization that uplifts me, and reminds me why it’s so great to be a woman. I loved the #WomensMeeting last night –I felt inspired to try harder in my daily endeavors. It was also a beautiful reminder that as women, we already have so much in common. Any barriers that I have in making new female friends are pretty much in my head. I loved the quote that said “We need to relax and rejoice in our divine differences.” I need to work harder to do this myself.
2. Tacos –I love tacos. I love them from the taco bus, from a Mexican restaurant, or even Taco Bell. Tacos are just wonderful. They are one of my feel good foods. Ben made me some tacos for lunch, and that really made my day. Yay for tacos!
3. Wacom Bamboo Drawing Tablet –I have had a lot of fun playing with this digital drawing tablet, and using a free trial of Sketch Book Pro. Art is something that I love, but that I haven’t taken enough time to enjoy until lately. It has been exciting to watch my talents grow as I learn how to use this software and tablet, and as I push myself to stretch my talents. This tablet has helped my last week to be really fulfilling!
4. Blow Dryer –I have a wonderful blow dryer that I got from Ross (it’s worth $50, but I got it for $25!). My model is called the Remmington Studio SILK Ceramic Ionic AC Professional Hair Dryer. It works great, and helps my hair to dry smooth and silky. It has a couple of fun attachments –a diffuser, and a concentrator, for if I want curly or pin straight hair. I don’t use them as much, but they are fun attachments. I love having nice hair, and I’m going to be really grateful for this blow dryer when we move to Texas for Ben’s internship, as there will be lots of humidity.
5. Sunlight –I love sunlight. It is so wonderful, and cheerful and bright. I think that my day goes so much better when the sun is out (part of this because I have SAD –Seasonal Affective Disorder). While it is really snowy today, I am grateful for this sunshine that we did have earlier in the week.
6. Crayons –I know that I have talked a lot about crayons, but, wow I love them! Not only are they fun to draw with, and color in coloring books –they make great lipstick. If you haven’t checked out my DIY Crayon Lipstick post, go ahead and take a peek!
7. Texas –I am so excited for the opportunity we have to move to Texas for Ben’s internship! It’s going to be so awesome! I just know it. I’m excited for the sunshine, the trees that will be in the area, and that I get to meet one of Ben’s cousins, his wife, and family. It’s going to be a wonderful adventure, and I just can’t wait! Only two more weeks!